Curried Cauliflower, Chickpea, & Mango Bowl
CURRIED CAULIFLOWER, CHICKPEA, AND MANGO BOWL
by Olivia Pennelle, Liv's Recovery Kitchen
Many of the foods that I cook with have added health benefits. The benefit to you is enhanced recovery, boosted immunity and extra energy. Mangos are full of antioxidants, which can help prevent cancer, lower cholesterol, clear the skin, and improve eye health. Cauliflower is packed with fiber. Its antioxidants help reduce inflammation and protect against several diseases. Like other whole grain rice, black rice is full of antioxidants and fiber, but it is more powerful than any other grain. With more of the antioxidant anthocyanin than any other food, black rice can help prevent a number of illnesses. It may help avert cardiovascular disease and cancer, improve brain function, and reduce inflammation. Black rice also contains Vitamin E, which is important in maintaining eye, skin, and immune health. Lastly, chickpeas are a great source of protein. Protein keeps you feeling full and reduces your appetite, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and is great for your digestion.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup black rice
- 1 tin of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Mix bite-sized pieces of cauliflower in 1 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with curry powder and salt. Place on a baking tray and bake on a 425 for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp curry powder, and fry for one minute.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and reduce the heat to medium. Cook the mixture for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a can garbanzo beans, and 1 cup chopped mango (frozen works just as well as fresh) and cook for 5 minutes with a little stock.
- Turn off the heat and add 1 cup of cooked black rice (brown rice or quinoa works too) and the roasted cauliflower.
PRINT THIS RECIPE!